Charles L. Harwell
Charles L. Harwell is a graduate of the University of Michigan College of Literature, Science and the Arts where he earned his bachelor's degree. He and his then-young family transplanted to Arkansas in 1979 when he was admitted to the University of Arkansas School of Law, where he was a member of the National Moot Court team and Associate Editor of the Law Review.
Charlie is a partner in the firm. His professional time is divided between litigation and non-litigation matters; he practices trusts and estate planning, probate law, employment law, education law, business law, and commercial transactions and litigation.
He is rated AV in the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory, which is the highest rating a lawyer can earn. He has also been recognized by his peers, who selected him as a “Super Lawyer” in the area of Commercial Litigation in this region. Charlie is active in the Arkansas Bar Association, having served as the 2012-2013 President of the Association. He has served on several Bar Association committees through the years, including the Finance Committee. He is a tenured delegate of the House of Delegates, served a term on the Executive Council, and served two terms on the Board of Governors. Charlie is also a Fellow in the Arkansas Bar Foundation.
Charlie has also served on the boards of a number of non-profits through the years. He is a past President of the Board of Life Styles, an organization serving the developmentally disabled of Northwest Arkansas, and he continues to act as its attorney on a pro bono basis. He has also served on the board of a number of other community organizations, including the Springdale Public Library and Habitat for Humanity.
Charlie is married to Linda, and they have three grown children (Amy, Megan, and Shawn) and nine grandchildren. When he is not playing with his grandchildren, you will find him trying out a new recipe in the kitchen or working on a project in his wood shop. He is active in his church where he sings in the choir.
- University of Michigan College of Literature, Science and the Arts, Ann Arbor, MI, B.A.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, Fayetteville, AR, J.D., 1981
Professional Associations and Credits
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected as a "Super Lawyer" in the area of Commercial Litigation
- American Bar Association, Member
- Arkansas Bar Association, Member
- President, 2012-2013
- House of Delegates, Past Member
- Executive Council, Past Member
- Board of Governors, Past Member
- Finance Committee, Member
- Arkansas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Washington County Bar Association, Member
- Council of School Attorneys, Member
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Participant
- Life Styles Board of Directors, Past President and Past Board Member
- Springdale Public Library, Past Board Member
- Habitat for Humanity of Washington County, Past Board Member
- Arkansas Volunteer Lawyers for the Elderly, Volunteer
- First Presbyterian Church of Springdale, Member and Elder