Laura K. Ferner
Laura Ferner was born and raised in Heidelberg, Germany, where she graduated from high school in 1998. Laura obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Liberal Arts from the University of Arkansas Fort Smith in 2003. She received her Juris Doctor from the University of Arkansas School of Law in Fayetteville in 2005.
Prior to joining Crouch, Harwell, Fryar & Ferner, PLLC, Laura had her own firm in Springdale, Arkansas. Laura practices immigration and nationality law. She is also a certified mediator. Laura is licensed to practice in Arkansas, and she has also been admitted to practice before all immigration courts and the U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Laura is the Treasurer for the Mid-South Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Associations. She is also a member of the Arkansas Bar Association and the Washington County Bar Association. Laura is frequently invited to present on immigration law topics to local, state, and national organizations. She is fluent in English, Spanish, German, and Finish.
Laura lives in Fayetteville with her husband, Taj. Her daughter, Lena, is a student at the California Institute of the Arts in Los Angeles. Laura spends her free time riding her bike and practicing yoga.
- International School of Heidelberg, Germany, 1998
- University of Arkansas Fort Smith, B.A., 2003
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., 2005
Professional Associations and Credits
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- Canopy of NWA Refugee Resettlement, Legal Services Attorney and Mentor
- Arkansas United Community Coalition, Past Board Member
- Ozark Literacy Council, Past Board Member