James E. Crouch
Jim Crouch was born and raised in Springdale, Arkansas, son of Courtney C. Crouch, Sr., and Marie E. Crouch. He graduated from Springdale High School in 1970 and went on to obtain a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business and Economics from Hendrix College in Conway, Arkansas in 1974. He received his Juris Doctor Degree in 1977 from the University of Arkansas School of Law in Fayetteville, where he served as an Associate Editor of the Arkansas Law Review.
Jim is a partner in the law firm, which was started by his father in 1947. His areas of practice are primarily civil litigation, contract law, construction law, real estate law, railroad law, and title insurance defense work. Jim is also a certified civil mediator.
He has served as the President of the Washington County Bar Association, on the Arkansas Bar Association House of Delegates committee, on the Arkansas Bar Foundation, and as Co-Chairperson of both the Arkansas Bar Commission on Diversity and the Arkansas Bar Association Forms Committee. He holds the highest rating offered by the rating service of Martindale-Hubbell for attorneys, an “AV” rating. He is a fellow of the Arkansas Bar Foundation, a member of the American Bar Association, Arkansas Bar Association, Washington County Bar Association, and the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel. He has attended the National Institute of Trial Advocacy. He was honored by Legal Services of Arkansas as Volunteer Attorney of the Year in Washington County in 2010, was given the Community Legacy Award by the Arkansas Bar Association in 2011, and was named the 2014 Outstanding Lawyer-Citizen by the Arkansas Bar Foundation.
Jim has served the community of Springdale by serving as President of the Springdale Rotary Club, as President of the Arts Center of the Ozarks, as Chair of the Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Washington County, as Chair of the Springdale Public Facilities Board, as a board member of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Arkoma, as Chairman of the Springdale Chamber of Commerce, and as a board member of the United Way.
Jim and his wife, Cathy, have raised four children, Matthew, Elizabeth, John, and Mary Catherine. Jim is a member of St. Raphael's Catholic Church, where he has served on the Parish Council and has taught religious education. Jim enjoys golf, riding his bike on the Razorback Greenway trails, and spending time with his grandchildren.
- Springdale High School, Springdale, AR, 1970
- Hendrix College, Conway, AR, B.A. in Business and Economics, 1974
- University of Arkansas School of Law, Fayetteville, AR, J.D., 1977
Professional Associations and Credits
- Certified Mediator, Civil Litigation
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- American Bar Association, Member
- Arkansas Bar Association, Member
- House of Delegates, Past Member
- Commission on Diversity, Past Co-Chair
- Forms Committee, Past Co-Chair
- Arkansas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Washington County Bar Association, Member and Past President
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, Member
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Participant
- Springdale Rotary Club, Member and Past President
- Arts Center of the Ozarks, Past President
- Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Washington County, Board Member and Past Chair
- Springdale Public Facilities Board, Chair
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Arkoma, Past Board Member
- Springdale Chamber of Commerce, Past Chair
- United Way, Past Board Member
- St. Raphael's Catholic Church, Educator and Past Member of the Parish Council